3 year old T/TH morning class – Session full, waitlist only
3 & 4 year old M/W/F morning class – click here to register a 3 year old – Session full, waitlist only
3 & 4 year old M/W/F morning class – click here to register a 4 year old – Session full, waitlist only
4 year old M/W/F morning class – Session full, waitlist only
4 year old M/T/W afternoon class – Session full, waitlist only
4 year old M/T/W/TH morning class – Session full, waitlist only
4 year old M/T/W/TH afternoon class – Session full, waitlist only
Little Hawks Experience Class:
3 & 4 year old Friday morning class – Session full, waitlist only
*Tuition spaces in all classes are full. Families can add their name to the waitlist for classes by clicking the class registration link above and going through the registration process. There is no fee to add your child to the waitlist.
*Families who qualify for GSRP may still apply through Help Me Grow. GSRP enrollments will be confirmed in the summer, after we receive our official allocation from the state. GSRP is Michigan’s state funded free preschool program for 4 year old children. GSRP is offered in our 4 year old M-TH PM class only.
Little Hawks Discovery Preschool: Information & Ages Served
Little Hawks Discovery Preschool is a nature-based preschool operated by the ODC Network. The mission of the Little Hawks Discovery Preschool is to provide a quality early childhood experience that prepares young children to be active, independent learners who will have a lifelong connection to the natural world.
We believe Little Hawks Discovery Preschool offers a unique preschool experience that has benefits for all children and prepares them for school and for life.
Eligibility for Little Hawks Discovery Preschool is determined by the child’s age on September 1st in the year of enrollment. Children must be 3 by September 1st to enroll in 3 year old classes and 4 by September 1st to enroll in 4 year old classes. The program year runs from mid September to late May.
Little Hawks Discovery Preschool guarantees a placement in the 4 year old program for children who attend in the 3 year old program each year, and current families have an early registration window. 4 year old classes that are full of returning students will be noted next to the registration link. Families can still add their name to the waitlist.
What makes Little Hawks unique?
Your child will receive an exceptional educational experience at Little Hawks Discovery Preschool. Our model is different, and we believe it provides children and families with a foundation of learning that sets them up for success.
- All classes include 3 outstanding teachers who love, respect and nurture children and our natural world. Each teaching team includes 3 educators who have extensive training in nature-based education and child development, as well as a CDA, Bachelor’s or Master’s degree.
- A significant portion of each preschool session is spent outdoors, in all weather. Outdoor gear can be provided to families in need.
- Our daily routine begins with outdoor play, then transitions to group meeting, hike, small groups, snack, and ends with indoor play or additional outdoor play. Teachers incorporate music throughout the daily routine. Learning is active, social, child-centered and play-based – perfectly suited for the developing preschooler’s brain and body!
- Our unique facility includes world-class nature playscapes, three classrooms designed for nature-based learning, and access to the Outdoor Discovery Center’s 155-acre nature preserve. Daily hikes take place on the ODC trail system.
- Our Social Worker provides individual and group support, and joins the parenting journey with our families through Parenting Classes and Parent Chat Groups.
- We believe in community and the power of belonging. We work hard to build not only classroom communities, but a school wide community that encourages and cares for one another.
- We offer partial scholarships and tuition-free preschool opportunities to families who qualify for financial assistance.
- Little Hawks families receive a free ODC Family Membership for the preschool year of enrollment. We love to see Little Hawks at other programs at the ODC and DeGraaf Nature Centers.