3 year old T/TH morning class
3 & 4 year old M/W/F morning class – click here to register a 3 year old, click here to register a 4 year old
4 year old M/W/F morning class
4 year old M/T/W afternoon class
4 year old M/T/W/TH morning class
4 year old M/T/W/TH afternoon class
Little Hawks Experience Class:
3 & 4 year old Friday morning class
*Links will not be active until registration opens
You will receive information, announcements and reminders about our open house and registration for school year 2020/21 at Little Hawks Discovery Preschool.
(The process looks like a registration, but it only collects the information for our contact list. Adding your name to our contact list is not a registration for our program.)
We hope you will join us at our open house on Thursday, December 5 from 4:30 – 6:00 pm. Stop in to meet our teachers, tour our outdoor and indoor spaces and ask questions. Children are encouraged to attend with parents and caregivers.
Little Hawks Discovery Preschool: Information & Ages Served
Little Hawks Discovery Preschool is a nature-based preschool operated by the ODC Network. The mission of the Little Hawks Discovery Preschool is to provide a quality early childhood experience that prepares young children to be active, independent learners who will have a lifelong connection to the natural world.
We believe Little Hawks Discovery Preschool offers a unique preschool experience that has benefits for all children and prepares them for school and for life.
Eligibility for Little Hawks Discovery Preschool is determined by the child’s age on September 1st in the year of enrollment. Children must be 3 by September 1st to enroll in 3 year old classes and 4 by September 1st to enroll in 4 year old classes. The program year runs from mid September to late May.
What to expect as a Little Hawks Family:
- Each class includes 3 outstanding teachers who love children and nature.
- A significant portion of each preschool session is spent outdoors, in all weather. Outdoor gear can be provided to families in need.
- Our daily routine includes outdoor play, group meeting, hike, small groups, snack, indoor play and music. Learning is active, child-centered and play-based – perfectly suited for the developing preschool brain!
- Our facility includes world-class nature playscapes, three classrooms designed for nature-based learning, and access to the Outdoor Discovery Center’s 155-acre nature preserve. Daily hikes take place on the ODC trail system.
- Our Social Worker provides support on the parenting journey through monthly Parent Chat Groups and Parenting Classes.
- We believe in supporting families in obtaining a high quality preschool experience for their child, and we offer partial scholarships and tuition-free preschool opportunities to families who qualify for financial assistance.
- Little Hawks families receive a free ODC Family Membership for the preschool year of enrollment. We love to see Little Hawks at other programs at the ODC and DeGraaf Nature Centers.