4 year old M/W/F morning class – Limited availability
4 year old M/T/W/TH morning class – Session full, waitlist only
Little Hawks Experience Class:
*Registrations must be completed online. You will be able to click on the class links above ahead of time, however the “Register” button will not appear until 8:00 pm on January 30. Our online registration system is automated and functions on a first come first serve basis.There are no paper forms or paperwork at the time of online registration. All necessary enrollment paperwork will be completed in the summer.
You will receive information, announcements and reminders about our open house and registration for school year 2020/21 at Little Hawks Discovery Preschool.
(The process looks like a registration, but it only collects the information for our contact list. Adding your name to our contact list is not a registration for our program.)
Little Hawks Discovery Preschool: Information & Ages Served
Little Hawks Discovery Preschool is a nature-based preschool operated by the ODC Network. The mission of the Little Hawks Discovery Preschool is to provide a quality early childhood experience that prepares young children to be active, independent learners who will have a lifelong connection to the natural world.
We believe Little Hawks Discovery Preschool offers a unique preschool experience that has benefits for all children and prepares them for school and for life.
Eligibility for Little Hawks Discovery Preschool is determined by the child’s age on September 1st in the year of enrollment. Children must be 3 by September 1st to enroll in 3 year old classes and 4 by September 1st to enroll in 4 year old classes. The program year runs from mid September to late May.
Little Hawks Discovery Preschool guarantees a placement in the 4 year old program for children who attend in the 3 year old program each year, and current families have an early registration window. 4 year old classes that are full of returning students will be noted next to the registration link. Families can still add their name to the waitlist.
What makes Little Hawks unique?
Your child will receive an exceptional educational experience at Little Hawks Discovery Preschool. Our model is different, and we believe it provides children and families with a foundation of learning that sets them up for success.
- All classes include 3 outstanding teachers who love, respect and nurture children and our natural world. Each teaching team includes 3 educators who have extensive training in nature-based education and child development, as well as a CDA, Bachelor’s or Master’s degree.
- A significant portion of each preschool session is spent outdoors, in all weather. Outdoor gear can be provided to families in need.
- Our daily routine includes outdoor play, group meeting, hike, small groups, snack, indoor play and music. Learning is active, child-centered and play-based – perfectly suited for the developing preschool brain!
- Our unique facility includes world-class nature playscapes, three classrooms designed for nature-based learning, and access to the Outdoor Discovery Center’s 155-acre nature preserve. Daily hikes take place on the ODC trail system.
- Our Social Worker provides support on the parenting journey through monthly Parent Chat Groups and Parenting Classes.
- We believe in community and supporting the whole family through creating school-wide and classroom communities.
- We offer partial scholarships and tuition-free preschool opportunities to families who qualify for financial assistance.
- Little Hawks families receive a free ODC Family Membership for the preschool year of enrollment. We love to see Little Hawks at other programs at the ODC and DeGraaf Nature Centers.